-MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT-
2014 OPCA Spring Seminar-Hosted by the Marion County Sheriff's Office
Location: Red Lion Hotel Salem. Overflow lodging available at The Shilo Inn Suites at $70.00 per night
Guest speakers include: Former US Navy Seal Mike Ritland and Detective Andrew Wieman, 26 year veteran of the Broward County Sheriff's Office.
Training Dates: April 28th and 29th, 2014 - Detection / Patrol Certifications Sunday April 27th
*** Testing will not be allowed w/o registering with Shawn Gore or Rob Havice prior to test date***
Click here for registration information.
Among other prizes, this year the Spring Banquet Raffle to include a '97 T-Top Pontiac Firebird!
2014 Police K9 Ophthalmology Clinic
Date: May, 7 2014 1800-2000
Click here for further information
- To promote friendship and brotherhood among all those interested in the training and use of the canine in police work.
- To improve the abilities of the canine, thereby rendering better service to the community.
- To coordinate the exchange of any techniques of training or utilization of the police service dog.
- To improve the image of the working police dog in the populace in general through improved public service in the prevention and detection of crime.
- To aid and assist those law enforcement agencies making application for information concerning the establishment of canine sections within their respective governmental agencies.
- To have a skilled organization available and open for consultation by any government agency.
- To pass proposals, resolutions, amendments, etc. submitted by an Executive Board for the good of the Association.
- To coordinate the plans for and the execution of seminars and police canine trials.
- To promote and encourage police service dog teams to pass OPCA performance standards on a yearly basis.