Mark Kaufmann Decoy and Behavior Workshop.
July 31st - August 1st, 2015
See Area Training / Training Announcements for details.
The Fall '15 OPCA Seminar will be held jointly in Hillsboro and Beaverton, Oregon.
September 21st & 22nd, 2015
Hotel accommodations at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Hillsboro, Oregon.
Rooms / rates ($149.00 and $159.00 per night depending on room type) will be held for the OPCA until August 21st.
Monday's classroom location: Village Baptist Church, 330 SW Murray Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005.
Tuesday's working day locations will be within your packets received at registration.
Monday night banquet and general membership meeting: The Cornelius Pass Road House McMenamins.
If you wish to take certification test on Sunday the 20th YOU MUST notify either Rob Havice or Shawn Gore prior to the test date.
- To promote friendship and brotherhood among all those interested in the training and use of the canine in police work.
- To improve the abilities of the canine, thereby rendering better service to the community.
- To coordinate the exchange of any techniques of training or utilization of the police service dog.
- To improve the image of the working police dog in the populace in general through improved public service in the prevention and detection of crime.
- To aid and assist those law enforcement agencies making application for information concerning the establishment of canine sections within their respective governmental agencies.
- To have a skilled organization available and open for consultation by any government agency.
- To pass proposals, resolutions, amendments, etc. submitted by an Executive Board for the good of the Association.
- To coordinate the plans for and the execution of seminars and police canine trials.
- To promote and encourage police service dog teams to pass OPCA performance standards on a yearly basis.