The February 19th and March 19th EBoard & Trainers meeting locations have been swapped. The Spring Seminar site meeting will now be in February (Pappy's Pizza, 1655 Hwy 97 Redmond, Oregon). The March meeting will be held in Springfield, Oregon.
- To promote friendship and brotherhood among all those interested in the training and use of the canine in police work.
- To improve the abilities of the canine, thereby rendering better service to the community.
- To coordinate the exchange of any techniques of training or utilization of the police service dog.
- To improve the image of the working police dog in the populace in general through improved public service in the prevention and detection of crime.
- To aid and assist those law enforcement agencies making application for information concerning the establishment of canine sections within their respective governmental agencies.
- To have a skilled organization available and open for consultation by any government agency.
- To pass proposals, resolutions, amendments, etc. submitted by an Executive Board for the good of the Association.
- To coordinate the plans for and the execution of seminars and police canine trials.
- To promote and encourage police service dog teams to pass OPCA performance standards on a yearly basis.