Summer 2016 K9 Demonstrations & Competitions
Download Springfield K9 Competition.pdf
Washington County K9 Trials & Safety Fair, June 4th, Hillsboro Stadium, 10am to 2pm.
Free Member Training-"Structure in Action."
This member training is being offered free of charge to OPCA members. It will take place one hour after the regulatory scheduled monthly, May 19th, Trainers / E Board meting.
- To promote friendship and brotherhood among all those interested in the training and use of the canine in police work.
- To improve the abilities of the canine, thereby rendering better service to the community.
- To coordinate the exchange of any techniques of training or utilization of the police service dog.
- To improve the image of the working police dog in the populace in general through improved public service in the prevention and detection of crime.
- To aid and assist those law enforcement agencies making application for information concerning the establishment of canine sections within their respective governmental agencies.
- To have a skilled organization available and open for consultation by any government agency.
- To pass proposals, resolutions, amendments, etc. submitted by an Executive Board for the good of the Association.
- To coordinate the plans for and the execution of seminars and police canine trials.
- To promote and encourage police service dog teams to pass OPCA performance standards on a yearly basis.